E-bay may seem to have everything a buyer would need or want. However, not all things are provided on E-bay for sale. There are things that are prohibited in being displayed in E-bay due to infringement of some existing laws.
This list of prohibited items should be strictly noted unless it's okay for the seller to be banned from the E-bay listing or his or her account suspended. He or she may even face some criminal charges relative to the violation of the law. Learn about Ebay Selling from the Pros!
These prohibited items are as follows:
1. School-related software.
This refers to any kind of school-related software that is being sold to students or researchers at marked down amounts.
2. Law-related items like brand names misused just for personal gain; copyrighted materials, unauthorized recording or footage of a live show; beta software or software that are used to test and assess a software's over-all performance; any software or hardware used to extract different audio and video files in a CD, VCD, or DVD; or items that a seller cannot provide proof of authenticity.
3. Wildlife creatures and animals.
Any kind of animals being sold in E-bay is strictly prohibited. There are certain laws that govern the illegality of selling wildlife animals especially those that are classified as extinct or nearly extinct.
4. Tickets or contracts of concerts, shows, or any kind of performances.
Selling of these items is strictly prohibited unless the seller is permitted to do so by an approving officer. Sale of such legal agreements may result to breach or violation of the law.
5. Fake items such as counterfeited currencies. These are not only prohibited in E-bay but are highly punishable by law.
6. Any downloadable media.
These refer to any kind of software that was only made available for certain people. If the seller is not the sole owner of the rights of said downloads, E-bay will not accept such items for sale. In such cases, these items will only be allowed provided that the seller can provide proofs of copyright ownership and that this must be stated when posting the item for sale.
7. Goods that were prohibited from other countries.
8. Signatures, faces, or names of people without the owner's permission.
9. Any kind of ammunition or weapon.
10. Government licenses, identification cards, or any pertinent document related to the government.
Usually, E-bay updates or modifies this list of prohibited items. And so, it's important for every buyer and seller to get hold of an updated copy of the list of prohibited items on E-bay.
As a final note, it is stressed that the buyer if subject to liability if he or she purchases an illegal item. It is still the responsibility of the buyers and sellers to monitor the legality of their transactions since eBay is merely a facilitator in the market process.
When searching eBay listings and categories, it can become very tiresome because there is so much out there. If you’re just browsing for stuff to buy, then select a category, and select Ending Today. Items ending in the next 24 hours will be highlighted in red. Here's a tip to find great bargains. Look for items ending after midnight. There aren't as many people up after midnight and those auctions tend to get fewer bids. If you don't want to stay up that late, use BidSlammer to bid for you.